Destination Management Made Easier With RPA - Case Study
10 March 2022
Our Client is a leading Destination Management Company delivering an array of exemplary Leisure solutions in providing destination management services.
Business Case For Automation:
- Our client employs numerous data entry personnel to enter booking data of tour packages in to their online sales and accounting platform.
- Many bookings may have upwards of hundred items such as tours, restaurants, hotels, etc for group and frequent travelers.
- The volume of bookings is so large that during peak holiday season, personnel work overtime to keep-up with the incoming demand. Even so, a backlog of data entry activity is unavoidable.
- The booking system application has numerous fields requiring completion, including a range of currencies, hotel and other service provider partners details.
- This often makes the data entry a slow process due to the number of logic steps and decisions which need to be applied for accurate record keeping.
- The format of the input data may also be inconsistent, adding to the task challenge.
We were able to fully train Jo – our Digital Workmate, in a very short time to automatically pick-up booking data from customer’s file servers, on a daily basis and at the time convenient to the customer. Jo is then able to traverse through the complex data entry rules and accurately append the needed records in a very short time. The cycle time for record processing is much faster
Benefits From Automation:
- The immediate benefit to the customer has been the clearing of a data entry backlog and minimising if not eliminating future backlog occurrences.
- The accuracy of data is very high which consequently saves personnel time making corrections.
- This leads to faster billing and invoicing with subsequently more timely accounts receivables cycle, improving financial efficiency.
- The cost saving of hiring Jo is significant compared to human equivalent activity.